9.12.10

Houston: Top design city!

I had a blast in Houston visiting my Sister and Brother in-law and my adorable little nephew. Liz and I both loveeeee interior design and had a ton of fun window shopping in Houston's design district. I always thought that Houston was famous for being an oil town, but man oH man, it should be famous for it's design. 

My sweet momma sent me a link to one of her favorite Texas bloggers, Cote de Texas, where we found a fun shopping guide.  

Cade: Not knowing what he is getting himself into :) Love this little man. 

First stop. Carl Moore Antiques... This guy is legit. Travels the world and finds pieces and then collects the complete history on them. None in my price range, or even remotely close, but SOOO amazing to look at. 


Amazing display cases. 



French Clock

There were so many incredible and unique light fixtures. I could have spent hours in there :)

Corner hutch.

Our next stop was just a few blocks down the road to a store called M. Naeve. Amazing botanicals in this place. 





We walked across the street to Neal and Co and Watkins and Culver to check out some more unbelievable finds. I would love to pick these people's brains to find out how they find this stuff. 

I know Kait will appreciate this display. 




 Loved this curved hutch. Where do you ever see these. My mom needs this for the top of her stairs :)




The goodness doesn't stop. I was drooling at this point. 




 Last Stop... Found for home. A little more restoration hardware. 
 Need that giant foot. 



 Old gas numbers framed. Cute nursery idea....

I made her do it. LOVE you Elizabeth!


ALL in ALL. We had a blast. Dreamed alot and got some amazing ideas. Move over New york and LA.... Houston is a top competitor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment