26.7.10

DIY

Lately I have been super inspired to start some major dIY projects around here. The job hunt has been slow and not too promising so I have been exploring all of my FAVORITE dIy bloggers to get some inspiration to redo my bedroom and finally get that guest room/office done! (and on a budget...) My favorite diy blog has to be Young House Love! This cute couple has re-done their abode on a budget and all by themselves. They utilize craigslist (my recent obsession), Home Depot, Target, Walmart and Ikea; just to name a few. If your looking for some tips or your just bored... check out their blog. 

Anywaysss.... I have been thinking that I want to start small, I am not going to start with a bathroom reno or start jack hammering the ugly green kitchen tile :) although Lord knows I want to.  I was inspired but amazing plush headboards and beds but I can't afford the $900 price tag! For a headboard? No way. so I started researchin.... 

We were at Fashion Island yesterday, watching the rediculously rich push their doggies in strollers (barf), and we stumbled upon the store Room Service. SUPER Modern, Fun, and expensive. But loved their beds and was definitely inspired. here are a few...

simple clean lines.. love the linen and the tufting. 

super funky and fun... maybe a little advanced for a DIY :) 

Here are some comparable ones that I found at Restoration hardware and other retailers. 

restoration.


my original inspiration... I love the two lines of nailhead trim and the all white bedding with the fun bolster pillow. not lovin the rest of the room though.... 

a Pic from someone who did it themselves. I think the trim is too close to the edge. Tip to remember. 

I went over to Casa Sugar and found this AWESOME diy tutorial on making one of these. 
I am so excited to do this project and hopefully change the look of my drab bedroom! i will definitely post some before and after pics of the room. Wish me luck, I will be operating a staple gun, WATch out. 

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck!!! I see you found a sweet site to download a background. Love the color.

    Shane and I just did a little d.i.y. headboard project...not everyone is a fan but we really like it. We found the idea in a design magazine and tweaked it a bit. Pretty much we just hung slightly textured chocolate brown curtains on a curtain rod above our bed--sounds weird but we like it! it def. adds something to the all white walls and bed!

    Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor :)

    Wish we lived closer and could work on stuff together :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! Just wanted to say I just found your blog though Mish's. It's been fun reading some of your posts. thanks for the DIY blog rec. We have an old home with LOTS of projects always. I actually tore up our kitchen floor (nasty vinyl stick-on stuff) when I was 8 months preggo because I couldn't take it anymore after almost 3 years living with it...haha...so I feel your pain. Look forward to following your blog.

    Anyway, just thought I'd comment and say hi. I know it's a encouraging when I get a comment or two on mine. Although, it's heavily been taken over by posts about Gideon these days :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete